Our manikins are designed to represent the correct anatomic weight distribution of a real person, and we offer a range of different models to suit every conceivable scenario. This ensures that your training is as realistic and as effective as possible; preparing you for all eventualities.
Ideal for the following training scenarios:
Police dive teams training to recover bodies from inland waterways and from under ice. A variant of our popular Man Overboard manikin but is designed to sink instead of float.
Carcass constructed from nylon mesh. High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg) SOLAS reflective tape compliant with US Department of Transportation specification USCG 46 CFR, section 164.018, and International Maritime Organisation (IMO) resolution A.658(16). Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption: 1 Day <0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL. Overall constructed from the same material used in Police ballistic/stab vests (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008).
Extensively used by:
- Police Forces and Fire Services across the UK.
- USA Coastguard.
- Equivalent organisations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Available weights & sizes:
|DESCRIPTION||HEIGHT (M)||WEIGHT (KG)|
- Anatomically correct weight distribution allows for realistic body ‘bagging’.
- Tough enough to withstand a fall of 5-6 metres into water with no damage.
- Dry weight 50Kg (Adult) decreases to approximately 10Kg under the water.
- The tough nylon mesh carcass allows the water to penetrate quickly when submerged and drain on recovery.
- Strong webbing loop at the back allows easy handling, storage and suspension for drying.
- Realistic facial features and wig enable identification by touch in poor visibility.
- Built in polyethylene strips allow flexibility in the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using recovery devices such as a stretcher.
- Comes complete with overalls and boots, which are easily replaced if damaged.