Our manikins are designed to represent the correct anatomic weight distribution of a real person, and we offer a range of different models to suit every conceivable scenario. This ensures that your training is as realistic and as effective as possible; preparing you for all eventualities.
Ideal for the following training scenarios:
This manikin was designed in consultation with Surf Life Saving Australia as a water rescue dummy for IRB Racing, IRB driver training and tube rescue practice. It is also suitable for jet ski rescue training and other general water rescue scenarios.
Carcass constructed from nylon mesh. High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg) SOLAS reflective tape compliant with US Department of Transportation specification USCG 46 CFR, section 164.018, and International Maritime Organisation (IMO) resolution A.658(16). Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption: 1 Day <0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL. Overall constructed from the same material used in Police ballistic/stab vests (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008).
Extensively used by:
- Surf Life Saving Australia and IRM Racing Teams.
- Equivalent organisations across North & South America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
Available weights & sizes:
|DESCRIPTION||HEIGHT (M)||WEIGHT (KG)|
- Shorter height of 1.5m makes this manikin more manageable for a range of rescuers.
- The dry weight is reduced to 20kg which increases to 40kg+ when pulled from the water.
- Weighting lowered from the torso to the hops to improve stability in a moving/rolling ocean.
- Durable PVC sleeves placed on the lower leg to reduce drag during extraction,
- Polypropylene strips running from the shoulders to the knees allow felxibility in and out of water but prevent the manikin from being too ‘floppy’.
- A polypropylene loop to the back allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- Arms are built aloft to simulate a live volunteer but no risk of dislocated shoulders or wrists!
- Bright orange overalls and SOLAS reflective tape on the head make this manikin very conspicous in open water.
- Protective overalls are user replaceable an greatly extend the life of the manikin.