Our manikins are designed to represent the correct anatomic weight distribution of a real person, and we offer a range of different models to suit every conceivable scenario. This ensures that your training is as realistic and as effective as possible; preparing you for all eventualities.
Ideal for the following training scenarios:
Man overboard search and rescue exercises in the open ocean, streams, lakes or other inland waterways.
Carcass constructed from nylon mesh. High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg) SOLAS reflective tape compliant with US Department of Transportation specification USCG 46 CFR, section 164.018, and International Maritime Organisation (IMO) resolution A.658(16). Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption: 1 Day <0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL. Overall constructed from the same material used in Police ballistic/stab vests (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008).
Extensively used by:
- UK Ministry of Defence Army and Navy.
- RLNI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution).
- All UK Fire & Rescue Services.
- Offshore operators.
- Coastguards & Lifeguards.
- Inland Water Rescue Teams.
- Shipping & Fishing industries.
- Equivalent organisations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Available weights & sizes:
|DESCRIPTION||HEIGHT (M)||WEIGHT (KG)|
- Floats horizontally, vertically or at 45 degrees, to simulate a live person or dead body – achieved by redistributing foam pieces within the overalls in a matter of seconds.
- The tough nylon mesh carcass allows the water to penetrate quickly, allowing the legs to drop beneath the surface, leaving only the head and shoulders visible, if desired.
- Dry weight 40Kg (Adult) increases to approximately 65Kg retrieval weight from water.
- Bright orange overalls and SOLAS reflective tape on the head make the manikin highly visible.
- Strong webbing loop at the back allows easy handling, storage and suspension for drying.
- Built in polyethylene strips allow flexibility in the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using recovery devices such as a Jason’s Cradle.
- Comes complete with overalls and boots, which are easily replaced if damaged.